Individuals and families in need of help to meet the basic costs of living due to low income or unemployment can apply for financial help through the Saskatchewan Income Support Program. Amount of financial help depends on each individual/family’s situation.

To Apply you will need:

● your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and your Saskatchewan Health Services number (HSN);

● basic information about your spouse/partner or children, including SIN and HSN;

● details about your income, such as pay stubs;

● documents to verify your living situation, such as a rental agreement or mortgage statement;

● a bank account in your name, including an individual or joint account;

● a completed Direct Deposit Authorization form;

● details of money available to you, including cash, money in the bank, investments, RRSPs, stocks, bonds, GICs, etc.;

● details of items you own, such as property and vehicles; and

● details on other benefits and/or pensions you are receiving.

Any person who needs financial help can apply for income support.

You may be eligible if the following apply to you:

● you are a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status or are in Canada under the Canada Ukraine authorization for emergency travel;

● you are living in Saskatchewan;

● you are 18 years or older;

● you have no income or low income; and

● you have explored every other reasonable way to support yourself, including employment, seeking child support, etc.

For more information on how to apply, check out the website